Dive Computer - Cressi
The Cressi Archimede
| To buy a dive computer or get prices visit our
|Archimede is a latest generation computer that has a series of very innovative features. In fact, we did not only concern ourselves with as many functions as possible, but we also dealt with an aspect that is often neglected by manufacturers - we made it a “user friendly” instrument, in other words, extremely easy to understand and to use.|
| Setting the computer is basic and only requires a few seconds, even if Nitrox is used. The digital numbers are the largest on the market and guarantee easy reading even for people with sight problems. The battery can be replaced at any time by the user without having to send the computer back to the retailer or manufacturer.
Main features of Archimede
1. Easy legibility of the instrument, whose display has the biggest digital numbers on the market. It is easy to read in every visibility situation, even for people with sight problems. In dark conditions (caves, night dives, etc…) you can light up the display for 5 seconds, simply by pressing a button.
2. Very easy to use, which makes it very intuitive and immediately understandable even for people who are not very familiar with computers (with UFDS: User Friendly Display System). All programs can be accessed through three large, easy-touch buttons, even with neoprene gloves. It has clear graphics, assisted by words and symbols that guide the user in the few, simple adjustment and personalizing operations of the computer.
3. Archimede is suitable for air and Nitrox (up to 50% oxygen). It takes just a few seconds to adjust and remains memorized until the dive. There are preset stops in the adjustment scrolling for air and Nitrox 32, so as to speed up the operation even more. After the first dive you can adjust the instrument for another dive with any type of mixture, the same or different from the one used in the previous dive.
4. The computer self-calibrates according to the atmospheric pressure. An altitude dive requires no manual adjustment by the diver at all.
5. You can set a personal safety factor and it is also possible, for each dive, air or nitrox, to set the PO2 you want. You can also set an alarm to tell you when you have reached a certain depth.
6. Two graphic bars display the amount of nitrogen absorption and the CNS oxygen toxicity at all times of the dive.
7. There is a whole series of audio (and visual) alarms so the diver can relax during the dive, knowing that he/she will be advised every time a critical situation occurs or is about to occur.
8. To improve the safety of every dive a 3-minute safety stop is requested before arriving at the surface, advisable but not obligatory.
9. A complete simulation system means you can practice with every function of the instrument on the surface. You can simulate single or repetitive dives, decide on the surface interval time and choose the preferred mix for each dive.
10. It has a very large logbook and can memorize the last 30 hrs of a dive or the last 60 dives, complete with all information (there are some 3 displays for each dive). You can also review the recorded profiles of all the dives (without interface) and transfer the data to a PC (with optional interface).
11. The computer automatically memorizes the total number of dives made, the maximum depth reached and the total number of hours spent underwater.
12. It is a piece of cake to change the battery and only takes a few seconds. You simply need a coin, a new, low-cost and easy to find battery and youre right.
13. There is also a reset button for after the dive, which cancels all residual nitrogen. Archimede can be rented out on the same day to different divers, a feature that diving centers undoubtedly appreciate as they can rent out the same computer more than once without having to wait for complete Nitrogen desaturation.
14. Archimede can be changed in a few moments from metric to imperial units of measure, for worldwide use.
Bühlmann ZH-L8 algorithm, redesigned by Randy Bohrer to make it suitable for a more sophisticated RGBM program. The result is an algorithm that is very similar to the ZH-L16, but less penalizing regarding water temperature and repeated overshooting of the ascent speed. Compartments: 8 with saturation half times of between 5 and 640 minutes Diameter: 62.3 mm Thickness: 24.7 mm Salt water calibrated Display range: 0 – 99 m Accuracy: +/- 3% +0.5 m Resolution: 0.1 m Maximum surface time: 48 h Altitude monitoring: every 10 min Altitude range: from 0 to 6000 m Thermometer with resolution of 0.1 °C Accuracy: +/- 2°C Display range: -5°C/ + 40°C 3V CR 2032 battery at Li/MnO2, easy to find and low cost Battery life: about 3 years with 50 dives per year Battery replacement by user, without needing equipment Back light display for 5 seconds (pushing a button) Can be used with Nitrox Adjustment of oxygen fraction from 21% to 50% with 1%increase Partial pressure adjustment of oxygen from 1.0 to 1.6 bar, with 0.1 bar increases Possibility of setting a personal safety factor Possibility of setting an alarm for a certain depth Graphic bar for Nitrogen saturation Graphic bar for CNS oxygen toxicity Ascent speed indicator at 4 levels + SLOW + audio alarm when maximum speed is exceeded. There are 3 maximum ascent speeds that decrease progressively as the diver approaches the surface: 16 m/min up to 18 m, 12 m/min from 18 to 6 m, 8 m/min from 6 m to the surface.
Audio and visual alarms for: 1. nearing NDT (no decompression time) 2. need for decompression stops 3. too high PO2 level 4. nearing limits of CNS O2 toxicity 5. too fast ascending speed 6. exceeding computer limits 7. not respecting decompression depth 8. exceeding depth set by user - Decompression stages provided for down to 30 m - 3’ safety stop at the end of every dive over 10 m deep (not compulsory) - Date and time incorporated - Logbook of the last 30 hrs of a diving or the last 60 dives, with 3 data displays for each dive - Past memory of total number of dives, hours spent underwater and maximum depth reached - Profile of every dive (without interface) - Data transfer to PC (with optional interface) - Complete scrolling of NDL times down to 48 m - Simulator for air or Nitrox dives, for single or repetitive dives, complete with alarms and every other function, settable using independent buttons, both for descent and ascent - Possibility of general reset so computer can be used by a diving center - Possibility of changing from metric to imperial measuring units and vice versa
|Scuba Diving Equipment Home | Fins & Face Mask | Underwater Camera & Dive Watch|
|Wet Suit & Dry Suit | Equipment Store | Sitemap|
|Visit our sister store Scuba Equipment USA|